“Idle hands are the Daedra’s playground…” — Anonymous
Bored, light on coin, light of step, and quick of hand? Well, the Thieves’ Guild has work for those looking for something to do. There are two types of daily quests: Tip Board and the Reacquisition Board.
After visiting the thieves’ den and talking to Spencer Rye, the reacquisition board will unlock outside the cistern entrance.
The board will offer one of four daily quests which are located near the Hew Bane’s World Bosses. The tasks consist of of two parts
- Retrieving a sentimental item found in a sack near the world boss
- Retrieving lesser items or rescuing people from the nearby mobs.
- The Lost Pearls (Ko Estaran)
- Memories of Youth
- The Sailor’s Pipe
- Thrall Cove (Thrall Cove)
- Thieves’ Guild Rank points
Once you have demonstrated your worth to the guild (completing the Thieves’ Guild quest line up to and including ‘The Long Game’, and achieved rank 5 in the guild skill line), you will receive a brief quest called Master of Heists to unlock the heist board, near the entrance with the fence, will unlock.
Note: The board will only offer one quest a day, but you can do all seven heists if other players share their heists.
- Heist: Deadhollow Halls: Recover some Daedric idols stashed away in Deadhollow Halls.
- Heist: Glittering Grotto: Appropriate some rare gems hidden inside the Glittering Grotto.
- Heist: Secluded Sewers: Appropriate some treasures stashed in the Secluded Sewers.
- Heist: The Hideaway: Recover some treasures stashed in The Hideaway.
- Heist: Underground Sepulcher: Appropriate some treasures hidden away in the Underground Sepulcher.
Tip: The guard lanterns knock you out of stealth but if the guards are looking the other way, you will not be detected.
When the quest is completed, talk to Fa’ren-dar in the Thieves Den.
- Satchel of Laundered Goods
- Unidentified Equipment (if completed within time limit)
- 302 Gold
- 10 Thieves’ Guild Rank points
- +10 (if completed within time limit)
The board will offer one of five daily quests which are located around Tamriel. They involve using your “unique” skills to pickpocket citizens, empty strongboxes, etc.. The quests will begin in one zone and will offer two additional zones for greater rewards.
Tip: Refuse the quest to try for another one that you like.
- Crime Spree: Commit a series of conspicuous safebox robberies.
- Idle Hands: Send laborers a gentle reminder to pay their protection dues.
- Plucking Fingers: Remind entertainers that they don’t work without the Guild’s permission.
- The Covetous Countess: Pilfer and launder sentimental objects for a wealthy patron.
- Under Our Thumb: ‘Encourage’ law-abiding citizens to mind their own business.
Tip: If you have obtained a collection of Laundered Boxes, The Covetous Countess quests are the fastest to complete and involve going to her and returning back to the den.
When the quest is completed, talk to Kari in the Thieves Den.
- Small Laundered Shipment (for completing 2 zones)
- 302 Gold
- 5 Reputation
As you participate in the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration, you’ll also earn Event Tickets for the following activities:
- One Event Ticket for the first Sacrament completed each day
- Sacraments are unlocked by reaching Dark Brotherhood Rank 2 and completing the quest “A Lesson in Silence”
- One Event Ticket for the first Heist completed each day
- Heists are unlocked by reaching Thieves Guild Rank 3 and completing the quest “The Long Game”
You can earn a total of two Event Tickets per day per account, with a possible total of 24 by the end.
More info: ESO The Impresario: The Event Merchant
Tip: Checkout official ESO Stream Team Member @Inklings to see his sneaky build in action and detailed build notes. Build can be run on magicka or stamina character.
Here are a few recommendations for gear to make these quests easier.
If you have the medium armour skill line unlocked and Improved Sneak passive at level 2, equip seven pieces of medium armour for maximum bonus to sneak cost reduction and sneak detection area.
Equipping gear with sneak detection area, resource recovery (stamina / magicka), and sneak movement cost reduction will allow you to maintain your stealth for longer and reduce the distance NPC’s will detect you.
Stealth Sets (Detection / Sneak Cost / Movement): Darloc Brae's (Elsweyr) - 5 pieces Night Terror (Stormhaven) - 3 pieces Night Mother's Embrace (Deshaan)- 5 pieces Night's Silence (Crafted - 2 Traits) - 5 pieces
Adding the Swift trait to your jewelry will also speed up your movement.
Abilities / Passives
Khajiit’s have the best racial passives for a sneak build and a bonus to pickpocketing: Stamina / Magika recovery, Maximum Stamina / Magicka / Health, Detection Radius Reduction.
Nightblades are the only class that has abilities that offer stealth and sneak bonuses: Concealed Weapon (Shadow / Slot 1), Shadowy Disguise (Shadow / Slot 2)
Legerdemain (“Light of Hands”) skill line found in the World section of the Skills UI, offers numerous skills essential to the quintessential thief build. Improved Hiding passive that reduces the cost of sneak up to 40%. (Slot 1), Light Fingers that improves pickpocketing (Slot 2), Trafficker that increases the number of stolen items that can be sold, and Locksmith that improves your chances of forcing chest locks (Slot 4) .
Vampires have several useful passives to offer a sneak build. The most notable is Dark Stalker which ignores the Movement Speed penalty while in crouch. (Slot 6)
Mages’ Guild abilities can increase your maximum magicka and magicka recovery if Magicka Controller passive (Slot 4) is unlocked.
Alliance skills also have something to offer. Rapid Maneuver (Assault / Slot 1) offers a speed boost. Equiping Alliance Support skills in conjunction with the Magicka Aid passive will boost your Magicka recovery.