Joining the Dark Brotherhood unlocks two sets of dailies. The first are contracts and the second Sacraments.
To start the Dark Brotherhood main quest line, talk to Amelie Crowe in any Outlaws refuge or at the Anvil Docks. Alternatively, you can access the quest from your collections menu.
To unlock Contract quests, you need to complete the first three Dark Brotherhood quests (Voices in the Dark, Signed in Blood, and Welcome Home).
There are two types of contracts: Regular contracts (kill 1 victim) or Spree contracts (kill multiple victims). Spree quests are preferred as they rewards more Dark Brotherhood reputation.
Once you accept the contract / spree, travel to the zone and the target area. Once there, kill the required number of targets requested.
Abandon regular contracts until a spree quest is offered.
- Unmarked Sack
Sacraments are unlocked by reaching Dark Brotherhood Rank 2 and completing the first four Dark Brotherhood quests (Voices in the Dark, Signed in Blood,, Welcome Home, and A Lesson in Silence. ). The quests are offered from Speaker Terenus in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary in northern Gold Coast.
Each Black Sacrament consists of a primary target and several bonus challenges to increase the rewards.
- Kill the targets in a prescribed manner: Using Blade of Woe or Poison
- To use Blade of Woe, approach the target from behind while hidden and activate the Blade of Woe option when it appears.
- To use poison, equip a consumable poison (crafted, looted, login reward, or crown crate loot) on your inventory screen on your weapon(s).
- Secondary Target will be offered. This will be an NPC or item.
- If doing the secondary target, DO IT FIRST.
- Leave before the Overseer arrives
- Once you kill the primary target, you will have two minutes to escape (return to the entrance room with the ladder).
- Do not get spotted
- To obtain the bonus rewards from the Speaker, you can not be spotted by NPC’s in the location more than 4 times.
- There is an achievement if you complete Sacraments without being spotted.
- The NPC’s with lanterns will be able to detect you if you are hidden.
- You can kill the lantern NPC’s without being detected if you can kill them within two hits.
While on the mission, there will be a special Dark Brotherhood icon over the target’s head (black hand) which will clearly identify them as you approach.
The targets can spawn in as many as four different locations.
If time runs out, abandon quest. Just do it right in middle of instance and get kicked back to TG/DB hideout.
Give it 15 minutes or so and instance will reset. Take quest again and it will likely be easier because you have some experience of area you are sneaking through.
Carry Poisons because some sacraments offer optional rewards for killing target with poison.
- Unidentified Sithis’ Touch Equipment (blue or green depending on if all conditions met)
- Counterfeit Pardon Edict
- Sithis Item
- Crafting Motifs 36: Dark Brotherhood Chapter (rare)