Passing through the bazaar of Sentinel, a local chef prepared a dish he called “The Secret Chef’s Pork Roast”. It was tasty enough to satiate my hunger… While spending the next few days at the healer’s tent “recovering” from a secret ingredient, I overheard the healers chat about their tips to obtain reagents for their healing potions.
This notebook provides harvesting tips and documents a few popular locations to find alchemy reagents in Tamriel.
- Turn off the grass in the video settings (makes it easier to see the plants)
- Invest in the Keen Eye crafting passive for alchemy (lights up the reagent nodes)
- Invest more points in Keen Eye to increase the distance the nodes become light up
- Invest in 10 champion points in The Lover (green) tree to unlock the perk Plentiful Harvest to obtain a 10% chance to double the yield from a normal resource node
- Invest 50 champion points in The Lover (green) tree to unlock the perk Master Gatherer to reduce harvesting times by 50%
- There are a few abilities/perks/items that boost your speed, reduce sprint costs that can give a boost getting to the next node. Examples include,
- Retreating Maneuver (Alliance War / Assault)
- Hasty Retreat (Weapon / Bow)
- Avoid starting regions during peak play times as there will be more harvesting competition
- Harvest as you explore and quest overland. Harvesting while your party if fighting a named, however, will likely get you kicked (unless it is columbine).
- Conserve the more valuable reagents for sale and use less valuable ones for leveling (see Alchemy Reagents, Solvents, and Recipes)
- Save up survey maps for same location and harvest/log or harvest/leave general area/return
- Reagents prefer certain environments
- Mushrooms: base of trees, fallen logs
- Water Hyacinthe, Nirnroot: near water
- Mountain Flower: Mountainous areas, higher elevations, etc.
- Hollow city (Coldharbour), right gate from the main entrance there will be around 3-6 plants pick them and walk away by the stairs then walk back and the plants will be re-spawned.
- Sentinel (Alik’r Desert) by the zombies
- Bal Foyen
- Caldwell Silver and Gold areas
- “Best spots for farming alchemy mats? “, ESO Official Forums