In case you missed it, The Elder Scrolls Online announced that Whitestrake’s Mayhem would be delayed. We now know why.
In a forum post, Matt Firor updated the community on the status of the server hardware refresh.
Here is the TLDR version
- Hardware refresh 1 or 2 weeks behind schedule because of shipping slowdowns.
- This two week delay puts the refresh right on top of our March launch of Update 37
- The new date for PC EU getting new hardware will be in early April, and PlayStation EU should follow very shortly after.
- A 14 hour downtime when the actual cutover happens.
- The March/April ESO timeframe is always very busy.
- We have a lot of events and almost always have a major Update.
- We are moving Whitestrake’s Mayhem to later in the year to ensure the datacenter hardware refresh is complete before we hold the event.
- We still intend to have two Whitestrake’s Mayhem events in 2023.
- Since we will be moving an event that grants Event Tickets out of Q1, we will make the Q1 (January – March) fragments (Passion’s Muse personality) available through Q2 (April – June.)
- The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift.
- As we have done in previous years, all morphing collectible fragments for the year will also be available during the New Life Festival in December.