On the official forums, Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS) has has posted special Public Test Server (PTS) patch notes which explains some of the significant changes made to light and heavy attacks. ZOS cautions that these changes are part of an off-cycle test and these changes may or may not be incorporated at a later date.
ZOS is very interested in player feedback on these changes.
- All Light, Medium, and Heavy Attacks now scale with your highest offensive stats.
- Light attacks now restore resources, and resource restore is removed from Heavy attacks.
- Successive Light attacks grant a stacking resource buff, up to 3 consecutive attacks maxing out the benefit (without weaving abilities).
- Light attack damage is reduced, and Heavy attack damage is increased.
- Non-fully charged Heavy Attacks (also known as Medium Attacks) now have a scaling amount of damage based on how long you hold the attack (up to a full Heavy, then it counts as a Heavy attack).
- All types of attacks now interact with Off-Balance.
- Light attacking an Off-Balance target results in even more resource return.
- Medium attacking an Off-Balance target results in more damage.
- Heavy attacking an Off-Balance target results in more damage and the stun you are used to.
- Tenacity: This Champion Point passive now increases the Magicka and Stamina restore of your Light Attacks by up to 20%, rather than increasing the Magicka and Stamina Restore of your fully charged Heavy Attacks by up to 15%.
- Revitalize (Heavy Armor): This passive now causes your fully-charged Heavy Attacks to restore up to 6/12% of their damage done as Magicka or Stamina, based on the weapon type used. This effect has a cap of 300/600 resource restore.
- Pursuit (Werewolf): This passive now grants an additional 75/150 Stamina per Light Attack, rather than increasing your Heavy Attack restore
- Class and Weapon Skill line passives triggered by light / heavy attacks also adjusted.