The following is a summary of the crafting and housing related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
This update comes in two parts–the DLC Game Pack and the base game patch. The base game patch will be available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online and the DLC Game Pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it or activate an ESO Plus membership.
Anyone who owns ESO and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the DLC Game Pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access.
In this update, you’ll be able to explore and conquer two all-new 4 player dungeons – Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold. These dungeons offer new item sets, Monster Masks, achievements and unique rewards!
We’ve also added a new Battlegrounds map – Arcane University – and a new game mode for Battlegrounds: Chaosball. Both of these are available to anyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. You’ll also find that we’ve added several new Medals to support Chaosball.
The base game patch features a number of new features including updates to the Master Writ Merchant, new housing furnishings, and numerous quality of life improvements. These include customizable combat cues, new guild features, research cancelling, bankable Writ Vouchers and Alliance Points, and more. And as always, we’ve made several fixes and improvements to existing content as well.
You’ll also note that we’ve added a new, separate Combat & Gameplay section to the patch notes so it’s clear which changes were done in an effort to improve balance, and which changes are bug fixes or minor improvements.
We hope you enjoy this new update, which is approximately 5.8GB in size.Enjoy!
- New Dungeons: Bloodroot Forge & Falkreath Hold
- There are 8 new Item Sets available from the two new dungeons
- Bull Horns Emote
- A new displayable trophy and bust from each dungeon, obtained by defeating Domihaus the Bloody Horned in Falkreath Hold and the Earthgore Amalgam in Bloodroot Forge in Normal and Veteran modes.
- The Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni Motifs are now available
- Added a guild rank permission for “View Guild Bank Gold” which controls a guild rank’s ability to see the amount of gold stored in the Guild Bank.
- Can now cancel an active research if you want to start researching something else instead
- Items can now be locked or unlocked from the improvement screen.
- Locked items can also be improved, but only if the chance is 100%.
- Equipped items can now be improved.
- Added a setting – Combat Cues – in the Gameplay menu that will allow you to control the color and brightness of Friendly and Hostile combat cues.
- Furniture listed in Guild Stores can now be previewed.
- Can now deposit Alliance Points and Writ Vouchers into your account bank where they may be withdrawn by any of your characters.
- Rolis Hlaalu’s gold furnishing plans have been replaced with new stock, so there is now a new gold quality furnishing plan for each profession available.
- The previously available recipes are being retired for the time being, though they may show up again at some point in the future in his selection or elsewhere.
- New Home: Hakkvild’s High Hall
- A number of new recipes and furnishings have been added to the game obtainable by participating in various activites throughout the world.
- These include but are not limited to harvesting certain types of nodes, participating in Justice activities, and defeating enemies in the new Horns of the Reach dungeons, Coldharbour, and Ayleid Ruins.
- The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points
- Unified the behavior of crafting Writ delivery sites in Vivec City. These sites are now consistently used for rank one Writs instead of a mix of rank one and maximum rank Writs.
- The Tel Var Jewelry Lockbox Merchants now sell rings and necklaces directly with no intervening box.
- Weapons and armor from the Briarheart, Mark of the Pariah, and Trinimac sets will now drop in the full set of normal traits
- The Orsinium Delve daily quests can now be shared. However, you can still only have one Delve daily in your journal at a time.
- Added a small chance to recover the blueprint for an hourglass furnishing from priests particularly obsessed with time. Check the Gold Coast, if interested.
- The values and bonuses of Mundus Stones have been adjusted.
- Adjusted the values and bonuses of Weapon Traits
- Numerous item sets were changed
- Learning a recipe or furnishing plan now unlocks the associated skill line.
- Eating an alchemy reagent to learn its first trait now unlocks the Alchemy skill line.
- Adjusted Alchemy Writs so they require Nirnroot less often.
- Added Poisons to the roster of items requested by Alchemy Writs.
- Reduced the quantity of Bervez Juice required in blue-quality furnishing Designs to 3 from 6.
- Updated the Furrier’s Traps found at Clothier Survey sites to be more consistent.
- Numerous books can now be collected for Eidetic Memory that were once unavailable after quests were completed.