The following is a summary of the crafting and housing related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac. There are significant quality of life improvements including Outfitting system (appearance slots), Housing Storage, and Leveling Advisor. Also, some big changes coming to the Master Writ Vendor, including a new assistant.
NOTE: Currently, on the Public Test Server (PTS). Information here is from the patch notes published on their forums.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v3.3.0 and the Dragon Bones DLC Game Pack! As with previous updates, the base game patch will be available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online and the DLC Game Pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it or activate an ESO Plus membership. Anyone who owns ESO and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Dragon Bones DLC Game Pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the DLC Game Pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access.
In this update, you’ll be able to explore and conquer two all-new 4 player dungeons – Fang Lair and Scalecaller Peak. These dungeons offer new item sets, Monster Masks, achievements and unique rewards! We’ve also added two new Battlegrounds maps – Mor Khazgur and Deeping Drome – which are available to anyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind.
In the base game patch, we’ve added several new features including the highly-anticipated Outfit System, which gives you the freedom to customize the visual appearance of your gear, and Home Storage Furnishings! We’ve also added two new systems to aid players as they adventure throughout Tamriel: a Level Up Advisor and Skills Advisor. And as always, we’ve made several adjustments and improvements to combat abilities, including an overhaul to our Synergy system, and several bug fixes
- Two New Dungeons: Fang Lair and Scalecaller Peak
- Unique Achievement awards are also available for completing the dungeons, including: Unique Player Skin, Unique Hat, Several Titles, and Unique housing items
- New Collectibles
- Renegade Dragon Priest Mask
- Trophy, Thurvokun
- Bust, Thurvokun
- Trophy, Scalecaller
- Bust, Scalecaller
- Blackmarrow Necromancer Skin
- Worm Wizard
- New Item Sets
There are 8 new Item Sets available from the two dungeons, Scalecaller Peak and Fang Lair. Each dungeon has 1 Light Armor, 1 Medium Armor, 1 Heavy Armor, and 1 Monster Mask Item Set to acquire.
- New Achievements
Dragon Bones comes with more than 35 new achievements, including 4 new titles to unlock. Complete both dungeons on Veteran difficulty to unlock the Nacreous Purple dye!
- Two new maps have been added for Battlegrounds
The new Outfit System is now available, and allows you the freedom to customize the visual appearance of your character including both the style and dyes. With Outfits, you get to determine the appearance of every aspect of your character, piece by piece, regardless of what you are (or aren’t) wearing underneath.
- Every Dye Station previously found in the world has been upgraded into an Outfit Station.
- Before you can modify the appearance of an equipment slot, you first need to unlock the style of the desired appearance.
- The primary way to learn Outfit Styles is by reading Motif books and chapters. In addition to unlocking the ability to craft in that style, learning a Motif now also teaches you how to apply that style to your Outfits.
- As this Outfit Style knowledge is an account-wide collectible
- These style collectibles are retroactively unlocked for all the styles you already know how to craft after logging in with a character with the associated Motif knowledge
- Each slot in an Outfit can be customized individually.
- Each Outfit selection can also be re-colored, similar to equipment dyeing, using the same dyes you’ve unlocked via achievements.
- Please note that costumes, polymorphs, hats, and disguises will always override any armor styles in your applied outfit.
- Additionally, weapon slots in Outfits can be dyed as desired, utilizing the same dyes available for armor. Yes, really.
- Allows you the flexibility to recreate any look you may have found appealing while leveling up through various tiers of equipment.
- Everyone will receive one free customizable outfit per character, and can unlock additional outfits in the Crown Store. These outfits are character-specific.
- “Convert to Imperial” and “Convert to Morag Tong” are no longer used from the inventory on specific items, and are instead incorporated into the Outfit System.
- If you possess these collectibles, the Imperial and Morag Tong Outfit Styles are automatically available, and do not cost gold to apply to your Outfits.
- Dye Stations found in homes are visually unchanged, but have been upgraded to the full Outfit Station functionality.
- A new furnishing with the visual of the new Outfit station is now available on the new Master Writ achievement mediator, Faustina Curio, with all of the above associated functionality.
- Home Storage Furnishings
- These account-wide items allow you to store 30 or 60 items per collectible, depending on the size. You can acquire four 30-slot coffers and four 60-slot chests, for a combined total of up to 360 storage slots. All four coffers share the same visual appearance, but each has a unique name and can be nicknamed for easy organization. Chests work the same way, with their own shared appearance.
- New Homes
3 new homes are available to test during this PTS update.
- Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator who sells furnishings and recipes for Writ Vouchers, has changed some of his offerings. He retired several of his furniture plans and now offers 6 new furniture plans
- The Champion Point cap has been raised by 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a total of 720 Champion Points
- 32-bit Client Removal
- Crafting Motifs
- The chance of obtaining a Xivkyn Motif chapter from a Daedric Cache in Imperial City is now dependent on your Tel Var Stone multiplier
- Crafting Motifs
- With the release of the Outfit System, we’ve adjusted the drop rates for a number of Crafting Motifs to help ensure certain impressive or prestigious Motifs retain a degree of rarity. In most cases, this reduction is marginal. See below for list of affected motifs.
- The Glass Motif can now be purchased from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator with Writ Vouchers.
- Glass Motif Fragments no longer drop from Crafting Writ reward containers.
- If you have Glass Motif Fragments in your inventory, the Merethic Restorative Resin can still be found in the wares of Mystic vendors the world over for the same price as before (10,000g).
- Rewards for the Worthy mails now only grant a guaranteed Transmutation Geode once per day per account.