The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
The following is an enhanced summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac along that includes some answers to some frequently asked questions. New changes: Housing, Furniture crafting, Master writs, 4 new motifs, and more.
Note: This patch is currently on the Public Test Servers
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v2.7.0, featuring Homestead! This free update introduces our player housing system with 39 uniquely-themed homes you can acquire throughout Tamriel. With over 2,000 individual decorative and furniture options, plus Furnishing Crafting, you’ll have a lot of options available to make your home truly yours.
In addition to this massive new system, we’ve also added Master Crafting Writs, four new Motifs, and updated several sources of itemization in Cyrodiil and the Imperial City, all of which are detailed below. You’ll also find that we’ve put a focus on improving the balance across all classes and skills, and we look forward to reading your feedback after you’ve had a chance to try everything out.
As always, we’ve made several fixes and improvements to all previously DLC game packs and the base game patch. We can’t wait to hear what you think of our latest update, which is approximately 4.02 GB in size. Thanks, and enjoy!
- Introduction of Player Housing
- 39 homes, 3 free, and crown exclusive
- imperial homes will require imperial version
- bought with gold (unfurnished) or crowns (furnished, unfurnished)
- homes unlocked with housing quest and region/faction achievement
- can own more than one
- bigger houses have more “slots” for items, ESO+ members get double the number
- furniture includes regular and attunable crafting stations (eg. Twice Born Star, Clever Alchemist, etc.) and a target dummy (skeleton – 3 Million HP)
- Furniture Crafting
- To craft a furnishing, you will need to obtain a specific furnishing plan, similar to the way existing Provisioning recipes work.
- All tradeskill disciplines now have a new tab at their respective stations for furnishing plans.
- New furniture mats obtained from usual harvest nodes: heartwood, Regulus, Bast, Alchemical Resin, Mudane Runes, Decorative Wax.
- Plans can be found in containers across the world, purchased from certain merchants, dropped from monsters, or even obtained from pickpocketing (or murdering) Tamrielic citizens.
- Higher quality plans will require knowledge from multiple tradeskills.
- Furnishings in a particular racial style require multiple style items associated with that race.
- All plans, ingredients, and output items are tradeable.
- Master Crafting Writs
- Maximum-tier reward boxes for all tradeskills now have a chance to provide a special invitation to craft a very specific item or set of items.
- The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.
- This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion.
- Writ Vouchers are a new form of currency awarded exclusively through the completion of Master Writs.
- Writ Vouchers may be redeemed through purchases from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, who also accepts Master Writ deliveries at Writ turn in locations in each of the alliance capitals.
- More difficult, rare, and expensive crafted items provide more Writ Vouchers on average than their more commonplace counterparts.
- The recipe and unique component for Aetherial Ambrosia can be bought with writ vouchers
- 4 New Motifs
- The Silken Ring style can be found in the Cradle of Shadows dungeon, available in the Shadows of the Hist DLC game pack.
- The Mazzatun style can be found in the Ruins of Mazzatun dungeon, available in the Shadows of the Hist DLC game pack.
- The Ra Gada style can now be found in Craglorn.
- The Ebony style can now be obtained from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator.
- In addition to the satchels of Alchemical reagents introduced in a previous update, the Tel Var General Merchant now sells the Superb Imperial Reward box, which has been reduced in price. This vendor now also sells Alkahest, as well.
- Alliance Style Motifs and Akaviri Motif have moved to a new vendor: War Researcher located in the base-camps of Cyrodiil
- Cyrodiil Enchanter will sell runes in exchange for Alliance Points again
- Updated all Motif Books, Motif Chapters, and Provisioning recipes to stack to 200!