I have updated the Master Provisioning Recipe List to include the New Life Festival Recipes.
During this time we bring forth dark tales and unsettling songs. The Unknown Passenger tells of a cloaked figure on a ship who none of the other travelers recall boarding. The Lost Fawn that takes refuge in the den of the wolf that killed its mother. The Midnight Lodger rents a room in the dead of night but vanishes before morning — along with the innkeeper’s child… — A Tale of Two Festivals, Botjolf Meadwarmer.
Within hours of the debut of the New Life Event, the ESOTU servers appeared to be overwhelmed.
The season of candlelight has begun with fiery torch lights and the pointy prongs of the pitchfork. Social media, forums, and official forums all report lengthy logon and zoning delays, and frequent crashes.
Some of my favourite subject lines include “The amount of people at the start of the event was insane.” and “Happy New Lag Festival”. Check out the screenshot from the Quest Giver at event launch.
Personally, I logged my explorer toon just outside Windhelm last night and at the time of this post had been waiting over 30 minutes to request character load… Some patience may be need for today.
ZOS, announced today that the New Life Festival kicks off this Thursday, December 15 at 10:00am EST and concludes on Wednesday, January 4 at 10am EST.
- Up to nine different daily quests, each themed for Tamriel’s different races and located in their respective zones
- Quest reward is New Life Gift Box that contains
- A random crafting material (Provisioning ingredient, Alchemy reagent, or Health glyph)
- A consumable version of a New Life-themed Memento
- A Skinchanger style item (Wolfsbane Incense)
- In addition, you will also receive one of the following:
- A Skinchanger Motif chapter
- A New Life recipe of either green, blue or gold-quality
- A special New Life Collectible
- Mud Ball Pouch (Memento)
- Nordic Bather’s Towel (Costume)
- Colovian Filigreed Hood (Hat)
- Colovian Fur Hood (Hat)
- A special new dye – New Life Cerulean
- “Magnanimous” title
- Double XP brew lasting two hours
code65536 has posted some interesting recipe information on the forums that was recently datamined. They appear to relate to the “New Life Festival”, which I believe is the New Year’s Event that has been mentioned in several ZOS communications.
There are nine recipes in all and include a legendary gold recipe that doesn’t require any legendary ingredients.
When you explore the wilds of Tamriel long enough, the “taste boredom” of the repetitive small game on a spit will set in. The adventurer’s palate will long for a diet with more variety and flavour.
There are two types of provisioning products: Food and Drink. Food increases the players resource pools (Total Health, Magicka, and/or Stamina) and drinks increase the player’s regeneration of resource pools (Health, Magicka, and/or Stamina Regeneration). There are seven possible combinations: Health, Magicka, Stamina, Health and Magicka, Health and Stamina, Magicka and Stamina, and all three.
Single resource products are green. Two resource items are blue. Three resource items are purple. There is a special yellow product (Experience potion) which is created by very rare item obtained by fishing.