While crafting away and completing my crafting writs for the night, I saw an intriguing post in my PVP guild chat. “You can buy enchanting potency runes with AP!”. I finished up what I was doing and headed to Cyrodil and sought out the Enchanting vendor near the main gates. Sure enough, potency runes were on sale for Alliance Points!
“Anyone can become an enchanter–it doesn’t matter who you are, or who you were. I spent twenty years pulling fish from the waters of Black Marsh before stumbling into the world of enchanting. if a form Argonian fisherslave can figure it out, so can you!” — Excerpt from Enchanting Made Easy by Fishes-for-Runes.
The upcoming enchanting changes on PTS 2.4.2 (Dark Brotherhood) have been incorporated into the ESO Enchanting Rune and Glyph List.
The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
Crafting & Economy
- Gradual Damage Health and Gradual Health Drain poisons currently deal a single tick of damage, instead of continuing to apply damage for the full duration of the effect.
- Cloudy poisons currently apply for a much shorter duration than intended.
- Ravage Stamina and Ravage Magicka poisons are only increasing costs by 30%, instead of the intended 60% cost increase.
- The tooltips for Resolve-Draining Poisons and Potions of Ravage Armor currently indicate that Minor Fracture reduces Armor, instead of Physical Resistance.
- Prophecy-Draining poisons created with three matching reagents are currently much less effective at reducing your target’s Spell Critical than intended.
- In several cases, applying two different poisons to your target will result in the first poison being overwritten by the second poison. This is not intended, and all different poison types will be able to coexist on the same target in a future patch.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that was causing heavy sacks in Cyrodiil to occasionally appear empty.
- Fixed an issue that was causing several poisons to have different durations than intended. Some poisons have had their durations rebalanced alongside this fix.
- Damage from poisons can now be properly mitigated by poison resistance and physical resistance.
- Drain Health poisons now deal damage to your target over the full duration of the ability, and correctly heal you.
- Rebalanced Drain Magicka poisons and Drain Stamina poisons so they now restore roughly 60% as much Magicka and Stamina respectively.
- Protection-Reversing poisons now correctly grant the Minor Vitality buff instead of Major Vitality.
- Updated the timing of the visual effects for poisons. These effects now match your weapon impacts, instead of appearing a moment before the impact.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from using stamina potions while moving.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Protection-Reversing and Vitality-Draining poisons to have a longer cooldown between applications than intended.
- Fixed an issue that was causing reagents and oils to drop much more frequently than intended in Trials.
- Fixed an issue that was causing poisons of Ravage Health obtained from vendors, monsters, and containers to last much longer than intended under specific circumstances.
- The duration of poison effects now takes into account the number of effects on the poison. The more effects present on a poison, the more diluted each individual effect becomes, and the shorter their durations become.
- Updated the tooltips for the following Alchemy passive abilities to reflect the addition of poison-making.
- Solvent Proficiency
- Laboratory Use
- All Enchanting Runes can now be sold to vendors for at least 1 gold.
- Potency runes can once again be obtained from runestones!
- Each harvestable runestone is guaranteed to contain an Essence and an Aspect rune, and one third of the runestones you find will also contain a Potency rune.
- Half the time, when you find a Potency rune it will be scaled to your combat level, and the other half of the time it will be scaled to your rank in the Potency Improvement passive.
- Sturdy: Increased the value of the Sturdy trait by 1% at all quality levels. Gold Sturdy-traited gear now gives 4% block cost reduction instead of 3%.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing materials in the Craft Bag from being visible under certain circumstances.
There appears to be a growing number of grumpy enchanters waving their chisels and torches on the official forums.
The main issue is that the runes that used to determine a glyph level will be purchasable and will not be obtainable from harvesting. The concerns, in my opinion, are valid.
The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this patch.
- New Styles
- Item Sets
- Exploration and Itemization
I was doing some research on the new enchanting items and the new essence rune Hakeijo when combined with the additive rune creates a tri-attribute armor glyph that maximizes Magicka, Health, and Stamina.