If you have a supply of reagents, solvents, and oils, you can level alchemy in less that an hour. This tome provides a walkthrough, a list of items you will need, and reagent combinations.
There is a great post on Reddit where someone has posted the locations of various Giant Clams in Summerset.
About Giant Clams
The Giant Clams, when looted, may yield up to two of the following:
- Two new alchemy reagents: Powdered Mother of Pearl and Clam Gall
- Clam Gall is an offensively oriented reagent, while Powdered Mother of Pearl is more defensively oriented, granting new combinations of survival effects
- Fish meat, for provisioning
- Bait, including fish roe, guts, and worms
- Grease solvents for alchemical poisons
- Or, very rarely, clam-themed furnishings for your home
It is fun to learn by Alchemy by trial and error and hope whatever ever does not kills you makes you smarter. However, an Alchemical Poison Recipe book does reassure an aging mind of success and less of death.
Tip: Doing master writs? Start with the name of the poison and scroll down until you find the other traits.
The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac. Fixed rare Hlaalu Furnisher’s Document issue and issue where certain Alchemical Reagents appeared in Guild Trader search results.
The Elder Scrolls Online v2.7.11 is an incremental patch that includes fixes for issues with the Volatile Familiar ability, Maelstrom Destruction Staff, the Hlaalu Furnisher’s Document, plus a couple UI issues. There are also a couple minor fixes for the Maw of Lorkhaj Trial. The size of this patch is approximately 202MB.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed a rare issue that caused the Hlaalu Furnisher’s Document to occasionally appear empty after being opened
- The mail window will no longer close if you open it quickly after changing zones.
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain Alchemy Reagents from appearing in the Reagent search results at Guild Traders.
The tool allows you to do
- Find reagents by trait
- Test reagent combinations and see the result
- Obtain an item link of the resulting potion
Check it out: