The following is a summary of the crafting and housing related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
NOTE: Currently, on the Public Test Server (PTS). Information here is from the patch notes published on their forums.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v3.1.0 and the Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack!
This update comes in two parts–the DLC Game Pack and the base game patch. The base game patch will be available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online and the DLC Game Pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it or activate an ESO Plus membership.
Anyone who owns ESO and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the DLC Game Pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access.
In this update, you’ll be able to explore and conquer two all-new 4 player dungeons – Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold. These dungeons offer new item sets, Monster Masks, achievements and unique rewards!
We’ve also added a new Battlegrounds map – Arcane University – and a new game mode for Battlegrounds: Chaosball. Both of these are available to anyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. You’ll also find that we’ve added several new Medals to support Chaosball.
The base game patch features a number of new features including updates to the Master Writ Merchant, new housing furnishings, and numerous quality of life improvements. These include customizable combat cues, new guild features, research cancelling, bankable Writ Vouchers and Alliance Points, and more. And as always, we’ve made several fixes and improvements to existing content as well.
You’ll also note that we’ve added a new, separate Combat & Gameplay section to the patch notes so it’s clear which changes were done in an effort to improve balance, and which changes are bug fixes or minor improvements. We welcome any feedback you have about the structure of the patch notes.
We hope you enjoy this new update, which is approximately 2.3GB in size, and look forward to reading your feedback. Remember, there’s no NDA for this testing cycle so you’re welcome to discuss, stream, or post screenshots as much as you’d like. Enjoy!
- two new four-player dungeons, available as part of the Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack
- You can acquire unique item sets, including two new Undaunted Monster Mask sets, only available within these dungeons.
- 8 new Item Sets available from the two new dungeons: Falkreath Hold and Bloodroot Forge. Each dungeon has 1 Light Armor, 1 Medium Armor, 1 Heavy Armor, and 1 Monster Mask Item Set to acquire.
- Guild Invites and Guild Invite Acceptances in the Guild History now include the account name of who extended the invitation
- Added a guild rank permission for “View Guild Bank Gold” which controls a guild rank’s ability to see the amount of gold stored in the Guild Bank. This is enabled automatically when “Withdraw Guild Bank Gold” is selected.
- Added a setting – Combat Cues – in the Gameplay menu that will allow you to control the color and brightness of Friendly and Hostile combat cues. Enjoy!
- 3 New Motifs: Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni
- You can now cancel an active research if you want to start researching something else instead.
- Items can now be locked or unlocked from the improvement screen. Locked items can also be improved, but only if the chance is 100%.
- Equipped items can now be improved.
- Furniture listed in Guild Stores can now be previewed.
- You can now deposit Alliance Points and Writ Vouchers into your account bank where they may be withdrawn by any of your characters.
- Updates for Rolis Hlaalu, the Master Writ Merchant
- New Furnishings
- Champion Point Increase
- Unified the behavior of crafting Writ delivery sites in Vivec City. These sites are now consistently used for rank one Writs instead of a mix of rank one and maximum rank Writs.
- The Tel Var Jewelry Lockbox Merchants now sell rings and necklaces directly with no intervening box.
- Orsinium Delve daily quests can now be shared. However, you can still only have one Delve daily in your journal at a time.
- Mundus and Item Trait changes
- Adjusted Alchemy Writs so they require Nirnroot less often.
Continue reading [PTS] ESOTU [PC] Patch Notes 3.1 – Crafting Summary