TheoryCRAFTING is a series of articles where I examine an Elder Scrolls Online theory, crafting, and or both.
In this article, we investigate mass deconstruction and its affect on leveling crafting professions.
This information will be useful for crafters interested in leveling their crafting professions (blacksmithing, clothing, enchanting, jewelry, woodworking) by deconstructing items.
UPDATE: This appears will be fixed in the Harrowstorm DLC according to patch notes.
While researching enchanting leveling with multi-crafting, I noticed that something had changed with mass deconstruction. The previous number of glyphs needed to level to 50 had changed dramatically when started using the multi-crafting’s mass deconstruction feature. I decided to investigate this situation further.
- Collect 100’s of max level intricate items for Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking.
- Craft 100’s of max level purple Enchanting glyphs.
- Deconstruct items and record levels obtained
- Single deconstruction: record every 50 items
- Mass Deconstruction:
- 100 Items and record level (Enchanting)
- 50 items at a time and record level obtained.
- Compare the results.
In the demonstration, we looked at the worst mass deconstruction results which was Enchanting. In this test case, I deconstructed one hundred (100) enchanting glyphs at once. The difference in crafting level obtained between mass deconstruction was incredibly worse than deconstructing the glyphs separately.
Based on the results, the preferred deconstruction method will differ depending on the purpose of the deconstruction.
If the intended purpose of deconstructing items is to earn inspiration (level your character), then the crafter is should deconstruct the items separately. Professions leveled substantially higher deconstructing the items separately.
If the intended purpose of deconstructing items is to reclaim materials then mass deconstruction is the way to go. Previous studies by another player has determined that the material yields from mass deconstruction are approximately the same.
- PTS Multiple Crafting Changes, Official Elder Scrolls Online Forums, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484205/pts-multiple-crafting-changes