The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
- Poison-making, a sub-category of alchemy has been added
- Enchanting glyphs no longer have upper level limit
- Only one type of enchanting node to harvest
- Weapon and Item Traits have been updated or replaced
- Account-wide crafting bag for ESO+ subscribers
- Item Locking to safeguard your valuable gear from deconstruction, sale, and more
- Harvest nodes in battle-level areas (Cyrodil, DLC regions, etc.) have new looting tables based on crafting passives and adventure level.
- Survey maps no longer disappear when you approach their location
- The fourth alchemical trait on White Cap changed from Lower Spell Crit to Detection
Crafting & Economy
- Poisons sourced from monsters, interactive fixtures, and vendors apply for a much shorter duration than intended.
- A small number of long-duration poisons last slightly longer than intended when the character using the poison is battle-leveled.
- When using poisons with a suppressed weapon enchantment, unsheathing your weapon plays the visual effect associated with the enchantment, instead of the correct visual effect for the poison.
NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
You can now use the Alchemy system to create a wide array of dangerous poisons! Using new and existing reagents mixed together in a new type of solvent (oils), these poisons can be equipped alongside wielded weapon sets and have a chance to be applied to your enemy when using heavy attacks, light attacks, or weapon abilities.
- Poisons, unlike other equipped items, are consumed as they are applied.
- Poisons are also subject to dilution, with each effect becoming less potent as more effects are added.
- Oils are sourced from various deadly monsters throughout Tamriel.
- The new reagents have been added to many critters and monsters throughout Tamriel, and create multiple new effects for both potions and poisons.
- While a weapon set has a poison equipped, any weapon enchantments on that weapon set are temporarily suppressed.
- Master’s Weapons and Maelstrom Weapons have their unique-ability modifying effect suppressed, while their stat bonus is not suppressed.
- Weapon tooltips have been updated to support poisons.
- When a poison is equipped, the weapon enchant and charge will be suppressed and replaced by the poison description and count.
- Added indicators for Armor Durability, and Weapon Charge/Poison.
- When any piece of equipped armor is broken, an indicator will appear near the ability bar.
- When a weapon for your current weapon set has no poisons equipped and runs out of weapon charge, an indicator will appear near the ability bar.
Viridian Venom is a new dye acquired by learning all of the Alchemy traits on the new reagents introduced with Poison-Making.
We’ve implemented a number of changes and improvements to Enchanting:
- Enchantment glyphs no longer have an upper limit on the equipment they can be applied to. This means a lower level enchantment can now be applied to a higher level piece of gear.
- Each harvestable runestone is guaranteed to contain an Essence and an Aspect rune, and one third of the runestones you find will also contain a Potency rune.
- Half the time, when you find a Potency rune it will be scaled to your combat level, and the other half of the time it will be scaled to your rank in the Potency Improvement passive.
- Every tier of both polarities of potency is now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.
- The overall power of weapon enchantments has been significantly increased.
- All Enchanting Runes can now be sold to vendors for at least 1 gold.
Item Trait Improvements
Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.
- Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.
- Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.
- Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.
- Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
- Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.
- Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.
- Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.
- Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.
- Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.
- Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.
- Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.
- Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
- Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.
- Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.
- Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.
- Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.
Extended Inventory for Crafters (Craft Bag)
ESO Plus members will now receive access to an extended inventory for crafters (Craft Bag.)
- The Craft Bag is an additional inventory section which does not count against your inventory limit, is shared across all characters on your account, and can hold an effectively unlimited number of all basic crafting supplies.
- If your membership expires, you will still have access to the resources stored in your Craft Bag, but you will be unable to add any new materials to it.
- Loot that goes to your Craft Bag has a special call out in the Loot History.
- Crafting Materials from your inventory and account bank will automatically go to your Craft Bag upon the first login of each of your characters.
- Items can be manually retrieved from the Craft Bag in maximum stacks of 200. Retrieved items can also be manually stowed back into the Craft Bag.
- When accessing your Craft Bag, everyone around you will see you rummaging through an ornate bag that is different than the default backpack.
- Please Note: When you have a very large number of items in the Craft Bag, the UI will abbreviate the item count (ex. 1.1k Simple Bait). Selecting a specific item will show you the exact number in the tooltip.
Equipment can now be locked to prevent accidental deletions, which will prevent you from destroying it, converting it to Imperial, and marking it as junk.
- If playing using a keyboard/mouse, right-click the item and select Lock. In Gamepad mode, press Y/Triangle on an item to bring up Actions for that item, then select Lock.
- Locking an item will remove it from the following:
- Vendor – Sell
- Guild Store – List
- Mail – Send Mail
- Guild Bank – Deposit
- Craft Stations – Deconstruct, Improvement, Research
- The list of available item actions has also been reordered to put more commonly used actions towards the top.
Resource nodes that spawn in battle leveled zones (such as Orsinium or the Gold Coast) now come in two varieties and provide crafting resources based on either your combat level or your rank in the associated material-use passive.
- When the resource node spawns, it has an even chance to be based on either level or passive rank.
- For example, if you are Level 3 and have purchased Metalworking up to Rank 5, half the ore nodes found in scaled zones will be Iron, and half will be Ebony.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACK
Crafting & Economy
- The cooking fires outside of The Hew’s Mane and The Serpent and the Senche taverns can now be used for Provisioning.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that caused Barbarian daggers above level 36 to use the level 1 appearance. They now use the proper, more impressive, model.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Daedric axes from upgrading their appearance at the correct level. They will now upgrade their model at level 26, rather than 36.
- Survey reports will no longer be consumed as you approach the associated survey site. Instead, the report will be consumed when you touch a rich resource node from the associated survey site.
- If you have a copy of the survey report in your bank but not in your inventory, the copy from your bank will be consumed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Woodworking upgrade materials to display as Tannins, and Clothier upgrade materials to display as Resins, instead of vice versa.
- Changed the fourth alchemical trait on White Cap from Lower Spell Crit to Detection, to avoid a quadruple effect match. This quadruple match was not supported by the system, and is no longer possible.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
- You will now receive an error message when a craft doesn’t complete while in the Enchanting window.
- Set items with particularly long names will no longer have part of their names cut off early when crafting.