The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
Crafting & Economy
- Poison effects are intended to become weaker (diluted) as the number of effects on the potion increases. This behavior is not yet working as intended, so potions with multiple effects are currently much stronger than they should be.
- Several poisons currently last longer than intended.
- Gradual Health Drain Poisons are not yet functional, and will be available in a future PTS patch.
Exploration & Itemization
- Pelinal’s Aptitude: This item set has been temporary disabled to prevent a known game crash. It will be re-enabled and fixed in a future PTS patch.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue that was causing certain items (such as items in the Sithis’ Touch item set) to appear in the Assassins League style instead of the intended Dark Brotherhood style for the following slots:
- Heavy Feet
- Heavy Shoulders
- Heavy Chest
- Heavy Legs
- Light Robe
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue that was causing scaled resource nodes to occasionally give two kinds of materials. They will now give only the material that matches their appearance.
- For example, you will no longer get Ebonthread from certain Ancestor Silk nodes.
- Note: Enchanting Runestones and Alchemy Reagents were unaffected by this issue, and are unchanged.
- Fixed an issue where resource nodes in battle leveled zones were not correctly scaling to your level and passive rank. Now, half of the nodes will scale their rewards to your true level, and half will scale their rewards to your rank in the associated crafting passive, as intended.
- Fixed an issue where the quantity of poisons or potions displayed in the Alchemy station tooltip would not update correctly.
- Fixed an issue where some Champion Solvents were missing a 0 in Champion Rank requirements (e.g. 1, 5, 10, and 15 instead of 10, 50, 100, and 150).
- Fixed an issue that was causing critters to drop Alchemy reagents more often than intended.
- Some dungeons were providing many more oils and reagents than intended; they will now be obtained at a more reasonable rate.
- Drain poisons now apply their effects correctly.
- Drain poisons have been largely converted from major buffs to minor buffs.
- This will prevent them from conflicting with potions, which grant major buffs.
- Note: Speed-Draining Poisons will continue to grant the Major Expedition buff.
- Instant poisons will now apply their effect over a duration instead of instantly.
- The Medicinal Use passive no longer increases the duration of poisons, as this was not the intended behavior.
- Fixed an issue that was causing certain poisons to trigger the potion cooldown.
- Poisons that deal damage over time no longer trigger a flinch animation each time they deal damage.
- Poison tooltips now indicate that they have a 20% chance to apply on any light or heavy attack.
- Increased the cooldowns for poisons to 10 seconds from 1 second.
- Potions of Vitality now correctly have extended durations when crafted with three matching reagents.
- Updated the tooltips for the following potions and poisons to more accurately match their durations and functionality:
- Lingering Health
- Ravage Weapon Critical
- Slow potions with triple matches
- All drain poisons
- Updated the names of several poisons to better match their effects.
- Updated the sell value of poisons from monsters, vendors, and containers throughout the world to ensure that they will always sell for at least one gold.
- Adjusted the effectiveness of poisons obtained from monsters, vendors, and containers throughout the world to ensure they are not as powerful as their crafted counterparts.
- Weapon Power poisons no longer increase both Spell Damage and Weapon Damage, and now increase only Weapon Damage as originally intended.
- Quests that require you to have certain crafting materials in your inventory will now function when those crafting materials are in your Craft Bag.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the contents of your Craft Bag to be overwritten with an empty Craft Bag when creating a character with a test template.
- Fixed an issue that was causing several types of food to indicate that they lasted for “AB_DURATION”, instead of providing the actual duration.