Interested in the upcoming poison making craft being added to Tamriel? Alcast has posted a brief (8 minute) YouTube video that provides a sneak peek at this new pastime. Warning: Some coarse language.
With the introduction of new assistants in Tamriel, there has been several posts on the subject on the official forums. The latest asks, “The Banker or The Merchant… Only 1.. Go!”. Before spending your 5000 crowns, you need to know that these assistants are variants of those in the Outlaw Refuges
- Merchants only buy and sell but don’t repair
- Bankers only provide access to your personal bank not guild banks or guild stores
- Assistants not available in Cryodil
There appears to be a growing number of grumpy enchanters waving their chisels and torches on the official forums.
The main issue is that the runes that used to determine a glyph level will be purchasable and will not be obtainable from harvesting. The concerns, in my opinion, are valid.
So far, I have found a new potion and started to identify the traits of the Alchemy Reagents. I’ve found one new crafting station in the Gold Coast and have added it to the crafted sets article. I’ve added the new fishing achievement for the Gold Coast and will identify the water type when the DLC goes live.
The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
- Craft Bags, available to ESO+ members, are an additional inventory section which does not count against your inventory limit, is shared across all characters on the account, and can hold an effectively unlimited number of all basic crafting supplies
- Two new Motifs (Thieves’ Guild and Abah’s Watch)
- Three new crafted sets (Pelinal’s Aptitude, Varen’s Wall, Kvatch Gladiator)
- Alchemy includes a new subcraft, Poison-making
- UI updates to reflect addition of poison-making
- Enchanting glyphs will no longer have upper level requirement
- All harvestable runestones will now provide at least one Essence and Aspect runestone per harvest
- Potency runestones now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor
- Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait