If you have a supply of reagents, solvents, and oils, you can level alchemy in less that an hour. This tome provides a walkthrough, a list of items you will need, and reagent combinations.
There is a great post on Reddit where someone has posted the locations of various Giant Clams in Summerset.
About Giant Clams
The Giant Clams, when looted, may yield up to two of the following:
- Two new alchemy reagents: Powdered Mother of Pearl and Clam Gall
- Clam Gall is an offensively oriented reagent, while Powdered Mother of Pearl is more defensively oriented, granting new combinations of survival effects
- Fish meat, for provisioning
- Bait, including fish roe, guts, and worms
- Grease solvents for alchemical poisons
- Or, very rarely, clam-themed furnishings for your home
Brengolin, the cook in Slag Town, needs some assistance in creating some unconventional cuisine and I have agreed to lend him a hand.
If you have a supply of recipes and ingredients, you can level provisioning in less that an hour. This tome suggests recommendations on leveling recipes, their ingredients, and links to sources of ingredients.