The following is a summary of the crafting and housing related changes included in this #ESOTU patch for the PC and Mac.
NOTE: Currently, on the Public Test Server (PTS). Information here is from the patch notes published on their forums.
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v3.0.0, introducing our first chapter: Morrowind! The fate of the island of Vvardenfell hangs in the balance and needs a hero to help Vivec, the legendary warrior-poet god, who suffers from a mysterious illness. ESO’s first chapter is 9.7GB in size
- 3 new crafted sets: Assassin’s Guile, Daedric Trickery, Shacklebreaker
- 4 new motifs: Ashlander, Buoyant Armiger, Morag Tong, Militant Ordinator
- 3 new homes: penthouse, harbour house, and lake house
- 2 new furnishing style plans: Daedric, Dwemer
- New sources of plans: pickpocketing, safe boxes looting, quests, harvesting, and tombs
- 6 new dyes
- Rolis Hlaalu, the Master Mediator, has expanded his inventory
- Includes a Centurion target for testing trial damage
- Each hireling skill now has roughly 100 more unique messages
- ESO Plus members will now automatically receive twice the banking inventory slots.
- Added two more character slots up for sale in the Crown Store
- Sealed Writs now display their target item and Writ Voucher reward at all times, even when inside of a container.
- Sealed Writs no longer automatically offer you their quest the moment you first acquire them. You can still use the Sealed Writ at any time to start the quest.
- All cost poisons have been reduced in effectiveness.
Sherman’s Gaming has posted a good video on harvesting various crafting materials for all professions in ESO. The focus of the video is on the starter regions which make ideal harvest zones: easy to get to by new players, smaller zone area, and abundant variety of crafting items.
One thing I appreciated was that he provided a review of the items harvested to give an example of the types of harvest yields the view can expect to get. He mentions a few other areas but unfortunately often references zones and not specific named locations. Duration: < 20 minutes.