If you have a supply of reagents, solvents, and oils, you can level alchemy in less that an hour. This tome provides a walkthrough, a list of items you will need, and reagent combinations.
There is a great post on Reddit where someone has posted the locations of various Giant Clams in Summerset.
About Giant Clams
The Giant Clams, when looted, may yield up to two of the following:
- Two new alchemy reagents: Powdered Mother of Pearl and Clam Gall
- Clam Gall is an offensively oriented reagent, while Powdered Mother of Pearl is more defensively oriented, granting new combinations of survival effects
- Fish meat, for provisioning
- Bait, including fish roe, guts, and worms
- Grease solvents for alchemical poisons
- Or, very rarely, clam-themed furnishings for your home
A conclusion from an analysis of the lore on the subReddit by one member speculates that,
The Nirnroot is another cousin of the Hist, like the Sleeping Tree and the Umbrielian Hist. It shows far too many signs of being related to not be related. It’s not nearly as smart/sentient as the Hist or even the Um-Hist, but it has the wherewithal to enter a state of dormancy when times get rough.
The tool allows you to do
- Find reagents by trait
- Test reagent combinations and see the result
- Obtain an item link of the resulting potion
Check it out:
The following is a summary of the crafting related changes included in Rich Lambert’s recent sneak peek patch notes for Update 13. One minor crafting changes (all poisons will have same cooldown), but significant changes to proc sets.
If you considering farming or purchasing a proc set, I recommend you read this forum post.